Public Technology, Inc. a nonprofit technology organization of the National League of Cities, will announce that San Antonio is designated a Citizen-Engaged Community for 2013-2015.
Public Technology, Inc. challenges local government to achieve high standards in citizen participation, seamless service delivery and democratic accountability.
The designation focuses on best practices and standards in three key areas for call centers:
- Citizen Participation Processes
- Integrated Communication Channels
- Technology reporting of Performance measures
This year, the City implemented the following 311 improvements which resulted in the award designation:
- 311 Call Center Performance measures posted on the website and updated monthly
- Open 311 system with mapping of all service requests
- Mobile app for top service requests.
Other large cities awarded the designation this year include:
- New York, New York
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco, California
- City and County of Denver
- City of Charlotte North Carolina
- Colorado, Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Orange County, Florida
- Sacramento, California
The announcement will be made at the PTI 2013 Technology Leadership Conference, October 13-15 in Philadelphia. Look for the logo on our website later this month to promote this designation.