The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau (SACVB) hosted its 2014 Annual Meeting on October 20th. There were over 500 attendees at the meeting, which took place at the all-new Tobin Center for the Performing Arts. During the meeting, the latest numbers and research from the San Antonio Hospitality Economic Impact Study were revealed.
The study was prepared by Richard V. Butler, PH.D. and Mary E. Stefl, PH. D, professors at Trinity University.
New San Antonio travel and tourism economic impact highlights include:
- $13.4 billion in economic impact
- 31 million visitors annually to San Antonio
- The industry provides more than 122,500 local jobs
- Employs 1 out of every 8 workers in the San Antonio Metropolitan area
- $183 million contributed in taxes and fees to the City of San Antonio
- $348 million contributed to all local governments combined
- $2.49 billion annual payroll
- From 2003 to 2013, the economic impact has grown by 66%
Our thanks to Casandra Matej and the team at Convention and Visitors Bureau and all of our partners in the community.